- May 29, 2018
- Heath Wood
Last month we spotlighted 3 different handguards available from YHM (Yankee Hill Machine), at that time we introduced YHM as one of the premier companies for quality AR gun parts and accessories. This month we continue with another YHM product spotlight, this time it is one of their quality suppressors that is sure to be one that predator hunters and shooters will love to add to their collection. The YHM Nitro 30 Suppressor is YHM®’s answer to the demands of today’s suppressor community, and it elevates the bar for today’s modular suppressors.
Both professional operators and suppressor enthusiasts that spend a lot of time on the firing range or in the field hunting have been eager for a suppressor like this one.
YHM®’s NITRO® 30 achieves mission specific modularity by providing the operator with muzzle cap and rear cap options. It is full-auto rated and will accommodate 300 ultra mag to .17hmr. It comes with two different .30 Cal muzzle caps. The flat muzzle cap is geared towards the tactical user while the muzzle brake cap is geared towards the target shooter and even the predator hunter. The NITRO® 30 also comes with two different rear caps. The Quick Disconnect rear cap is great for rapid switching between multiple platforms while the 5/8-24 direct thread-on rear cap is for a more dedicated set-up.
One may wonder what makes the NITRO® 30 stand out among the rest of modern sound suppression system and the answer is it’s modular design. This system can be custom tailored to suit the individual shooters needs, along with specific mission requirements.
Included in the Suppressor System Kit is:
- The welded suppressor body
- Two .30 cal muzzle caps & Two rear caps
- One Q.D. muzzle brake, your choice of thread pitches ( 5/8-24, 1/2-28, 1/2-36)
- One Basofil® heat resistant pouch
- One Carry case to hold all of the parts
- Two assembly wrenches
- Weight:……………………18.2oz / 20.2 oz.
- Length:………………………6.93”/ 7.75”
- Construction:………………17-4 Ph SS
- Direct Thread:………………..5/8-24
- Decibel Rating:………………135 dB
Minimum Barrel Lengths
- 7.62×51 / .308 Winchester: 10.5″ minimum barrel with Q.D. muzzle brake, 16″ minimum barrel with Q.D. flash hider.
- 5.56 NATO, 6.8SPC, 7.62×39: 10.5″ minimum barrel with Q.D. muzzle brake, 16″ minimum barrel with Q.D. flash hider.
- .300 Win Mag / 300 RUM: 20″ minimum barrel length with Q.D. muzzle brake or flash hider.
- 300 Blackout: 8″ minimum barrel with Q.D. muzzle brake, 16″ minimum barrel with Q.D. flash hider.
For more information on the YHM Nitro 30 Suppressor or many more YHM products visit www.yhm.net